Design of the lay out of the Federal Capital City of Australia as projected by the Departmental Board, 25th November 1912 [cartographic material] / surveyed under instructions of the Minister of State for Home Affairs, Charles Robt. Scrivener
- Bib ID:
- Australia. Department of Home Affairs. Departmental Board
- Online Version:
- National Library of Australia digitised item
- Scale [1:14,400], 400 yards to 1 inch (E 149°08'/S 35°18')
- [Sydney : Dept. of Home Affairs, 1912?]
- 1 map ; 65 x 65 cm.
- Eric Milton Nicholls collection.
- Map of the design for Canberra prepared by the Dept. of Home Affairs Departmental Board, for consideration by the Parliament as an alternative to the winning designs of the Federal Capital Design Competition.
- Imprint on map: Printed by the Dept. of Lands, Sydney, New South Wales, from original plan by F.J. Broinowski, by authority of the Hon. the Minister for Lands, September 1912[?].
- Members of the Board: David Miller (Chairman), Percy T. Owen, Charles Robt Scrivener, George J. Oakeshott, J.S. Murdoch, Thomas Hill.
- Part of: Eric Milton Nicholls collection.
- Also available online http://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-150335864
- Vernon inventory no. Pt. 1/1, no. 16
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased from Marie and Glynn Nicholls, 2006.
- Photoreproduction. [Canberra? : National Library of Australia?, 19--]. 33 x 33 cm.
- Time Coverage:
- Other authors/contributors:
- Related Records:
Out of Copyright
- Reason for copyright status:
- Since 1962 [Created/Published Date + 50 Years]
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Map of contour survey of the site for the Federal Capital of Australia [cartographic material]
- Design of the lay out of the Federal Capital City of Australia as projected by the Departmental Board, 25th November 1912 [cartographic material] / drawn on stone and printed by the Dept. of Lands, Sydney, New South Wales, from original plan by F.J. Broinowski, by authority of the Hon. the Minister for Lands, September 1912
- Canberra Federal Capital of Australia preliminary plan [cartographic material]
- [Plan of proposed layout of the city of Canberra and environs showing streets, ca. 1911-1912]
- [Plan of the city of Canberra showing a land axis and a water axis, 2] [cartographic material]