Number I. This day, (October 1), is published, Number I. of Comic tales, [electronic resource] : to be completed in twelve numbers, and published monthly, or oftener. : Contents of Number 1. Hobby Horseical dedication ... : Conditions on which this work is published. The price to subscribers to be eighteen and three quarter cents the number, to be paid on delivery. Subscribers desirous of having the numbers reserved till the whole are finished, to pay one half in advance. To non-subscribers the price will be enhanced
- Bib ID:
- Uniform Title:
- Comic tales.
- Online Version:
- Philadelphia: : Printed and sold by James Humphreys, Change Walk. Where subscriptions are received., 1808
- 72 p. ; 21 cm.
- Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 14746.
- "For sale, by James Humphreys ..."--p. [3-4] of cover.
- "The following new publications, with many others, may be had at the bookstore of James Humphreys ..."--p.  of cover.
- Apparently an insufficient number of supscriptions were received to encourage publication of the remaining eleven numbers. The tales are not the same as those contained in: Comic tales, selected from the best English authors, with translations from the most eminent classic writers in other languages, vol. I. Philadelphia: Printed and sold by James Humphreys, 1809 (Shaw & Shoemaker 17260).
- Cover title. At head: Title pages, with tables of contents for this work, to bind in two volumes, will be given with the last number.
- Microform version available in the Readex Early American Imprints series.
- Cited In:
- Shaw & Shoemaker 14746
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2004-2007] Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 14746).
- United States Pennsylvania Philadelphia.
- Other authors/contributors:
- Humphreys, James, 1748-1810
Out of Copyright
- Reason for copyright status:
- Created/Published Date is Before 1955
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Presumed date of death of creator (latest date):
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
- Mr. Harding has now the pleasure to inform the subscribers to this work, that it will be completed in thirty numbers [electronic resource]
- On the 1st of February, 1799, will be published, price two shillings, ... to be continued monthly, number I. of ... The British medical journal; ... Prospectus [microform]
- Post Office (telephone exchanges). Return giving the names of all telephone exchanges which the Post Office has at any time opened in the United Kingdom, with the date of opening; the number of subscribers at opening; the date on which each exchange had the largest number of subscribers, and their number; the date on which each exchange now without subscribers became so; the number of subscribers on 31st day of December 1896 on exchanges then open; the number of subscribers on 31st day of December 1897 on exchanges then open; the number of subscribers who have given notice to leave any exchange; and the tariff. [electronic resource]
- On the 1st of February, 1799, will be published, price two shillings, ... to be continued monthly, number I. of ... The British medical journal, ... Prospectus [electronic resource]
- On the 1st of February, 1799, will be published, price two shillings, ... to be continued monthly, number I. of ... The British medical journal; ... Prospectus [electronic resource]