The Baptist mission in India [electronic resource] : containing a narrative of its rise, progress, and present condition, a statement of the physical and moral character of the Hindoos ... with a very interesting description of Bengal, intended to animate to missionary co-operation
- Bib ID:
- Online Version:
- ([Philadelphia] : Stiles)
- Philadelphia : Hellings and Aitken, 1811
- 312 p. ; 18 cm.
- Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 23974.
- Preface by the compiler signed: W. Staughton.
- "The following pages have been selected for the most part from the writings of the missionary brethren at Serampore, and those of their friends ... The Essays are formed chiefly from a series of interesting dialogues composed by Dr. Marshman. The other Articles are selected from 'the Periodical accounts' of the Society, excepting the article 'Bengal' which is a production of Mr. Ward ... " -- p. iii-iv.
- Includes (p. -312): Poetry.
- Microform version available in the Readex Early American Imprints series.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Cited In:
- Shaw & Shoemaker 23974
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2004-2007] Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 23974).
- United States Pennsylvania Philadelphia.
- Other authors/contributors:
- Staughton, William, 1770-1829
Out of Copyright
- Reason for copyright status:
- Creator Date of Death is Before 1955
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Presumed date of death of creator (latest date):
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
- The Baptist mission in India [microform] : containing a narrative of its rise, progress, and present condition, a statement of the physical and moral character of the Hindoos ... with a very interesting description of Bengal, intended to animate to missionary co-operation
- A history of missions in India / by J.Richter ; translated by Sydney H. Moore
- Official section of the report of the Deputation to India ... Oct. 1922-March 1923
- History of the Christian missions in Manipur and neighbouring states / K.M. Singh
- India, Malaysia, and the Philippines : a practical study in missions