Ghosts of Gondwana : the history of life in New Zealand / George Gibbs
- Bib ID:
- Gibbs, George W
- Online Version:
- Table of contents only
- Nelson, N.Z. : Craig Potton, 2006
- 232 p. : col. ill., maps ; 25 cm.
- Full contents:
- Machine derived contents note: SECTION I Unique Aotearoa
- 1 Unique Aoearoa: Our Endemic Life
- SSuccss New Zealand-sle A Parrot and a Bat
- SECT1ION II Seeking Explanations
- S What is Historical Biogeographv 8
- S Go ndwanan Ancestry of the land 49
- SDeep Time and Fossis 9
- 6 Tracing Relatihonships Family rees 66
- SECTION III Explanations for New Zealands Life
- SLandmarks in New Zealand's History
- 8 Seeking the Ghosts of Gondwana 8
- 9 The Oligocene Drowning 99
- 0o A Miocene Window on the Past 1
- i Trans-oceanic Inmmigrants in
- 12a and Uplifted High: The Alpine Zone ,
- "3 A Last-minute Cold Snap:T Ie Pleistocene I
- 14 Human Interventions )39
- SECTION IV Made in New Zealand Special Evolutionary Opportunities 44
- 5 Evolution in Action: Insect Songsters 6
- 16 A Herpetological Haven 1
- Ghosts in sthe Bush: Shrubs ersus the Moa 16
- 8 Whatever Happened to the Flowers? 67
- 1 Patterns of New Zealand Lie 72
- SECTION V New Zealand in the Southern Hemisphere 18
- 20 Strean Faunas: Our Connection with Antarctica 86
- 21 lhe Darwn-Croizat Paradox 19.
- Includes index.
- Bibliography: p. 208-215.
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Biogeography and ecology in New Zealand / ed. by G. Kuschel
- Perceiving, conceiving, protecting and using New Zealand landscape systems / S.R. Swaffield and K.F. O'Connor
- Our own country; being reports on various New Zealand towns and country places and on some of the doings of their people as described in Korero, magazine of the Army Education Welfare Service
- New Zealand : a selected list of references / compiled by Helen F. Conover ; under the direction of Florence S. Hellman
- Impressions of New Zealand : an antidote to Mr. Froude / by an experienced London banker, who has travelled from one end of New Zealand to the other