Peace be upon you : the story of Muslim, Christian, and Jewish coexistence / Zachary Karabell
- Bib ID:
- Karabell, Zachary
- Online Version:
- Table of contents only
- 1st ed.
- New York : Alfred A. Knopf, c2007
- 343 p. : maps ; 25 cm.
- Invalid ISBN:
"The story of conflict and confrontation between Islam and the West has become daily news, but throughout the ages Muslims, Christians, and Jews have shared more than enmity and war: there is also a rich and textured history of coexistence that has all but disappeared from our collective memory. In this timely and revealing book, Zachary Karabell traces the legacy of tolerance and cooperation from the advent of Islam to the present day."--BOOK JACKET.
- Full contents:
- Ch. 1. In the name of the Lord
- Ch. 2. At the court of the caliph
- Ch. 3. The sacrifice of Isaac
- Ch. 4. The crusades
- Ch. 5. Saladin's jihad?
- Ch. 6. The philosopher's dream
- Ch. 7. The Lord of two lands
- Ch. 8. The tide begins to turn
- Ch. 9. Brave new worlds
- Ch. 10. The age of reform
- Ch. 11. Hope and despair
- Ch. 12. In an otherwise turbulent world
- Coda : is Dubai the future?
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 317-326) and index.
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Challenges to religions and Islam : a study of muslim movements, perspectives issues and trends / edited and introduced by Hamid Naseem Rafiabadi
- World religions and Islam : a critical study / edited and introduced by Hamid Naseem Rafiabadi
- Monotheisme. Door C. A. van de Koppel, W. H. van de Pol [en] A. Soetendorp
- Judaism, Christianity, and Islam : the classical texts and their interpretation / F.E. Peters
- Children of Abraham : an introduction to Judaism for Muslims / Reuven Firestone