Albania and the European Union : the tumultuous journey towards integration and accession / Mirela Bogdani and John Loughlin
- Bib ID:
- Bogdani, Mirela
- London ; New York : I. B. Tauris, 2007
- xiii, 272 p ; 25 cm.
"This is the first book to identify and analyse Albania's problems as it moves towards membership of the Union. The authors highlight the enormous democratic changes that have occurred in post-communist Albania as well as the many obstacles that remain. The book also examines the impact of Albanian domestic politics on potential EU membership."--BOOK JACKET.
- Full contents:
- 1. European integration and the transformation of the democratic state : theoretical and contextual issues
- 2. Albania in 1990 : at the crossroads between communism and democracy
- 3. The transition period : political and socio-economic situation of Albania : how far is Albania from meeting the Copenhagen criteria?
- 4. EU membership prospective for the countries of Western Balkans and Albania
- 5. The political system : Albanian political parties and their attitude towards the EU
- 6. Clientelism, corruption and organized crime : serious barriers to EU membership
- 7. Policy making in Albania
- 8. The role of the elite and the domestic actors
- 9. Local government and decentralization
- 10. EU economic aid, assistance and programmes : how have they contributed to domestic reforms and development?
- 11. The impact of external factors on Albanian politics and policies.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Other authors/contributors:
- Loughlin, John, 1948-
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.