Stories of the Ngunnawal / Carl Brown ... [et al.]
- Bib ID:
- Florey, A.C.T. : Journey of Healing (ACT) Inc., 2007
- iv, 114 p. : ill. (some col.), col. map, ports. (some col.) ; 25 cm.
Collection of personal histories and stories from the lives of Ngunnawal Elders; accounts by Carl Brown, Dorothy Brown Dickson, Loretta Bell Halloran, Fred Monaghan, Sandra Phillips Austin and Tracey Phillips, Agnes Bulger Shea, Bertha Bell Thorpe; includes additional genealogical references to members of the Austin, Bell, Bowden, Brown, Bugamee, Bulger, Carberry, Carroll, Clayton, Coe, Coombs, Cooper, Crawford, Dickson, Edwards, Freeman, Halloran, Haworth, Ingram, Johnson, Kilby, King, Lane, Lewis, Little, McGuiness, McLean, Monaghan / Moynihan, Phillips, Russell, Shea, Stewart, Thorpe, Walker, Williams and Young families; description of Ngunnawal country and places of significance - Yass, Tumut, Griffith, Braidwood, Brungle / Brungul, Burrinjuck and Cowra, Bidura Girls Home, Cootamundra, Cowra / Erambie Reserve, Cumeragunja Reserve, Darlington Point Reserve, Dharruk Boys Home, Frog Hollow, Goulburn, Hollywood Mission, Mittagong Boys Home, Nowra, Oak Hill, Queanbeyan, Sydney, Tumut, Wagga Wagga, Warangesda, Weir Mission / Black's Camp.
- "Carl Brown, Dorothy Dickson, Loretta Halloran, Bertha Thorpe, Fred Monaghan, Agnes Shea, Sandra & Tracey Phillips"--T.p.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Ngunnawal (Australian people) -- Biography
- Aboriginal Australians -- New South Wales, Southern -- Biography
- Aboriginal Australians -- Australian Capital Territory -- Biography
- History - Biographies - Indigenous
- Ngunawal / Ngunnawal people (D3) (NSW SI55-16)
- Settlement and contacts - Government settlements, reserves
- Social organisation - Elders
- Brungle (SW NSW SI55-15)
- Yass (S NSW SI55-12)
- Tumut (SW NSW SI55-15)
- Oak Hill (Yass S NSW SI55-12)
- Hollywood (S NSW SI55-12)
- Other authors/contributors:
- Also Titled:
- Stories of the Ngunnawal : Ngunnawal elders
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Keeping that good name : how Fred Powell of the Bogan River Wiradjuri built a cultural bridge / Evelyn Powell and Gaynor Macdonald with the assistance of Joan Willie and Cynthia Peckham
- Windradyne, a Wiradjuri Koorie / Mary Coe ; with paintings by Isabell Coe
- Survival legacies : stories from Aboriginal settlements of southeastern Australia / [Peter Kabaila ; illustrations Edward Radclyffe]
- Mununja the butterfly : the first storybook in traditional Aboriginal language from south-eastern Australia / as told by Nu:nu:wul elder Don Bell ; with bilingual text and commentary by Chris Illert
- Far away days : a history of the Murrumbateman, Jeir and Nanima districts / Dorothy Mulholland