Papers of John Bussey, 1971-2006 [manuscript]
- Bib ID:
- Bussey, John
- Related Online Resources:
- Finding aid at National Library of Australia
- Access Conditions:
- Available for research. Not for loan.
- 2.85 m. (1 box) + 6 fol. boxes.
Papers documenting the private and professional life of John Bussey. A major part of the collection comprises manuscript, printed and published music scores of Australian composers which were submitted to Bussey for publication by Quamby Books. Composers represented in the papers include Hellgart Mahler, Michael Parry-Jones, Robert Allworth, Ian Cugley, Elizabeth Faw Hayden Pizer, Philip Nicholas, Richard Sowash, Matthew Hindson, Linda Phillips and Barry de Jersey. The remainder of the collection consists of correspondence, business papers, news cuttings, medical records, photographs, ephemera and sound recordings.
Violinist, string teacher and music publisher. John Bussey was a violinist with the Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra and a musical director for Devonport Youth Strings (DYS). He established the Quamby Books music publishing business in the early 1990s to promote works of Australian composers, specialising in Tasmanian composers, and to publish repertoire developed through the DYS program.
- Manuscript reference no.: MS Acc07.091.
- Index/Finding Aid Note:
- Box list available.
- Time Coverage:
If you wish to copy or order copies, contact us. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- A Manuscript Collection may have a range of formats and dates.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Organising local archival materials [by] L. Petocz
- System informacji archiwalnej / Maciej Golembiowski
- Guide to the material in the National Archives / the National Archives
- Modern archives : principles and techniques / T.R. Schellenberg
- A avaliacao dos documentos publicos modernos / traducao de Leda Boechat Rodrigues