Making multicultural Australia [electronic resource]
- Bib ID:
- Online Access:
- Archived version
- Related Online Resources:
- Publisher site
- [Sydney, N.S.W.] : Multicultural Programs Unit, Dept. of Education and Training, c2007-
- PANDORA electronic collection
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: Internet via World Wide Web. On 9/07/2007 available at: http://www.multiculturalaustralia.edu.au
- System requirements: Adobe Acrobat Reader to access files in a PDF format
"Making Multicultural Australia is a website which aims to assist young people of upper primary and high school age, their parents, the teachers and the wider community explore our cultural diversity. It provides information on the contributions that different cultural groups have made to the development of Australian society and on the various views towards immigration and multiculturalism that have historically influenced government policies and programs and transformed the Australian population."--Purpose.
- "The website "Making Multicultural Australia in the 21st century" draws on research undertaken by a research team from the University of Technology Sydney. All materials on the site used from this research are copyright to the University of Technology Sydney and Prof Andrew Jakubowicz, except where a copyright owner has been identified. All rights to further reproduction rest with the copyright owners. Funds for this research came from the NSW Department of Education and Training, the Queensland Government, the Australian Multicultural Foundation and the Trans/forming Cultures Research Centre at UTS."--Credits.
- "The website is loosely based on the award-winning three-CD-ROM set of the same name released in 1998. The site includes more than 3000 pages of articles, research, student activities, teacher guides, lesson ideas, audio interviews, video clips and Australian multicultural artworks. Its major purpose is to assist teachers in developing multicultural and anti-racism materials and programs for use in many subject areas."--Credits.
- "This website is funded and supervised by the Multicultural Programs Unit of the Department of Education and Training and has been constructed by the Information Services Branch of the Office of the Board of Studies NSW."--Copyright.
- Title from title screen (viewed on 9 July 2007).
- Text and graphics.
- Selected for archiving
- Other authors/contributors:
- © 2007 Copyright Board of Studies NSW for and on behalf of the Crown in right of the State of New South Wales.
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Cannot determine publication date because this record has an open range of dates
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
- Making multicultural Australia [electronic resource] : a multimedia documentary
- Australian identity/identities / Renate Howe [et al.]
- Annual oration / NSW Ethnic Affairs Commission
- Where are you from? : Where multicultural Australia comes together
- Keynote address delivered by Dott Paolo Totaro AM at a luncheon on the occasion of the 20th Anniversary of the establishment of the Ethnic Affairs Commission under the Ethnic Affairs Commission Act, 1979 on 28th June 1999 at the Menzies Hotel Sydney / Ethnic Affairs Commission of NSW