The after life / Kathleen Stewart
- Bib ID:
- Stewart, Kathleen, 1958-
- North Sydney, N.S.W. : Random House Australia, 2008
- 270 p. ; 24 cm.
"Kathleen Stewart has published novels, short stories and poetry, yet nothing she has produced so far could have prepared readers for her memoir The After life. Centred on the author's experiences in her last year at school, which included drug addiction, a feverish love affair, a suicide attempt, and a mysteriously calm interlude in a psychiatric hospital, it also reaches both back and forward in an attempt to come to terms with her father's successful suicide and with the presence of her brilliant, charismatic and utterly self-absorbed mother. Written in prose of rare clarity and elegance, this powerful, heartbreaking and yet at times irresistibly comic memoir will remind some readers of similar depictions of childhood and madness by writers such as Raimond Gaita and Janet Frame."--Provided by publisher.
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- The fire on the snow : a critical survey (with exercises) / by P.E. Smythe and A.M. Gallagher
- Alexander Caldwell Stewart : service as an infantryman, mounted infantryman and waterman (1939-46) / Jack C. Stewart
- Voice of dissent : Theophilus Gould Steward (1843-1924) and Black America / William Seraile
- A survivor in a star spangled world / Betty Stewart
- This second self : a collection of writings / by Elizabeth (Betty) M. Stewart