Jack Talbot, Tom Talbot and Shirley Talbot interviewed by Rob Willis in the Drought oral history project [sound recording]
- Bib ID:
- Talbot, Jack, 1922-, interviewee
- Access Conditions:
- Access open for research, personal copies and public use.
- 2 sound files (ca. 104 min.)
- Drought oral history project.
Jack and Tom Talbot are heavily involved in the wool industry in the Midlands of Tasmania. They discuss their life paths, with Jack staying on the family farm and Tom becoming a wool classer, buyer and wool judge; the changes in the wool industry over the years; drought, climate change and weather; the diversification of the land; farms being planted with trees for timber harvesting; the changing social structure of the region; agricultural shows, their importance and how they have changed over the years. Jack Talbot's wife Shirley, speaks about women's issues in the region including the Country Womens' Association (CWA) and the church.
- Recorded on May 8, 2008 at Nile, Tas.
- Digital master available National Library of Australia;
- Index/Finding Aid Note:
- Timed summary (5 p.)
- Talbot, Jack, 1922- -- Interviews
- Talbot, Shirley, 1928- -- Interviews
- Talbot,Tom, 1930- -- Interviews
- Farmers -- Tasmania -- Nile -- Interviews
- Rural women -- Tasmania -- Nile -- Interviews
- Wool industry -- Tasmania
- Rural conditions
- Midlands Region (Tas.) -- Environmental conditions
- Nile (Tas.) -- Social life and customs
- Other authors/contributors:
- Related Records:
Contact us for information about copying. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Until 2078 [Created/Published Date + 70 Years]
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Sound Recording
- Published status:
- Creation date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Miriam Talbot / by Willis Talbot Crocker
- The 96th Talbot : Thomas (Smith) Talbot 1815-1908 / by Terence A. Talbot [his great grandson]
- Frank Talbot interviewed by Diana Giese [sound recording]
- Invincible Talbot : the car that excels in every phase of motoring service
- Frank Talbot interviewed by Peter Pockley [sound recording]