Geoff Harvey collection of music arranged for Australian television 1960-1998 [music]
- Bib ID:
- Music and Manuscript
- [ca. 1960-ca. 1998]
- [30 m?]
Collection of unpublished music arrangements used in Australian variety television by the GTV-9 and TCN-9 television stations between 1959 and 1998. Also includes some theme and incidental music for Australian television news, current affairs, variety, and drama shows.
Geoff Harvey started his professional life as a jazz musician in London in the late 1950s and came to Australia in 1960 to work as the musical director of EMI Records. From 1962 to 1998 he was the musical director of the channel nine network (TCN-9 in Sydney and GTV-9 in Melbourne) where he was involved in numerous television productions including Bandstand, Hey Hey It's Saturday, The Don Lane Show, and the Logie awards. He composed theme music for Australian television shows such as The Sullivans, A Current Affair, Midday, Today and Sunday, and for 23 years he was the band leader for the Midday show.
- Includes music compositions or arrangements by: Geoff Harvey ; Ron Falson ; Jack Westmore ; Peter de Visser ; David Basden ; George Brodbeck ; Alan Deak ; Barrie Heidenreich ; Frank Holdforth ; Geoff Hales ; Geoff Kitchen ; Graeme Lyall ; Graham Jesse ; Kevin Hocking ; Neil Thurgate ; Pat Crichton ; Tommy Tycho ; William Motzing.
- Includes music from 'The Don Lane Show' ; 'The Graham Kennedy Show' ; 'The Midday Show' ; 'The Mike Walsh Show' ; 'Tonight with Bert Newton' ; 'The Ernie Sigley Show' ; 'New Faces' ; 'The Daryl Somes Show' ; 'In Melbourne Tonight'.
- Many individual records include performance information. Some perfomance dates listed may be indicative only.
- Some performance information taken from original containers. Containers were not retained with collection.
- Other authors/contributors:
- Related Records:
This is a collection.
This collection contains 5,975 records.
If you wish to copy or order copies, contact us.
- Reason for copyright status:
- This is a Music Collection.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.
- National communications satellite system : submission to the Task Force / by Publishing and Broadcasting Limited for commercial television stations TCN-9, Sydney, and GTV-9, Melbourne, 14th April 1978
- Olympic souvenir TV guide / Sunday Observer-GTV 9
- Sweet and sour [music] / words and music by Sharon O'Neill
- Wild FM's music, news & culture magazine
- Looking at the eighties : the Australian video music clip industry / Sally Stockbridge