Heard Island & McDonald Islands [electronic resource]
- Bib ID:
- Online Access:
- Archived at ANL
- Online Version:
- Related Online Resources:
- Publisher site
- Kingston, Tas. : Australian Antarctic Division, 2005-
- PANDORA electronic collection
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: Internet via World Wide Web. Available at: http://www.heardisland.aq/index.html
- System requirements: Adobe Acrobat.
"Heard Island and McDonald Islands (HIMI) is a subantarctic island group located in the Southern Ocean, about 4,000 kilometres south west of mainland Australia. ... The site includes six main sections, which can be accessed through the links in the navigation menu on the right-hand side of the page. About Heard Island gives general information on the special qualities of the HIMI region. Nature describes the landscape and ecosystems. The Research section talks about how HIMI contributes to global science and what research is being undertaken. The human use of Heard Island is discussed in the History section, and Protection & Management explains the responsibilities and requirements neceessary [sic] to ensure that its special qualities are maintained. The Image Gallery contains many pictures of the rugged landscape, and the hardy plants and animals which manage to survive at HIMI. Cool Facts are scattered throughout the website, in boxes to the right-hand side of the page. A Related Pages box, below the Cool Facts, provides links to other useful pages and external websites. In the toolbar at the top of the screen is a link to the Contact Us page, giving details on how to make comments or ask questions about HIMI. A huge amount of information relating to the HIMI region and activities there can be accessed via the Data link. Recent news can be found on the Current Events page, and Links gives direction to other interesting and related websites. The Site Map gives a list of links to all the pages within the site, and you can also Search the site."--Welcome Page.
- Title from title screen (viewed on November 10, 2008)
- Text and graphics.
- Selected for archiving
- Life Dates:
- Begun in 2005
- Animals -- Heard and McDonald Islands
- Marine parks and reserves -- Heard and McDonald Islands
- Natural history -- Heard and McDonald Islands
- Plants -- Heard and McDonald Islands
- Heard Island (Heard and McDonald Islands)
- Heard Island and McDonald Islands Marine Reserve (Heard and McDonald Islands)
- Other authors/contributors:
- Australia. Antarctic Division
- Also Titled:
- Heard Island and McDonald Islands
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Cannot determine publication date because this is a continuing publication
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
- The ANARE 1963 expedition to Heard Island / by G. M. Budd
- Sketch of Herd's Island : Antarctic Ocean / [G.B. Goode]
- Heard Island expedition 1983 scientific reports : a summary of the field work carried out / edited by Ross Vining
- Plankton, hydrology, and marine fouling at Heard Island, by E. H. M. Ealey and R. G. Chittleborough
- Heard Island [cartographic material] : overlay to base compilation showing place names, approved by Antarctic Names Committee of Australia, heights, contour values, corrections and additional information / Division of National Mapping, Department of National Development