Black politics : inside the complexity of Aboriginal political culture / Sarah Maddison
- Bib ID:
- Maddison, Sarah
- Crows Nest, N.S.W. : Allen & Unwin, 2009
- xlii, 294 p. ; 23 cm.
Drawing on extensive interviews with activists and politicians, Maddison explains the dynamics of Aboriginal politics. She reveals the crippling tensions which have shaped community, regional and national relations over the past 25 years.
- Includes bibliographical references: p. 251-279 and index.
- Aboriginal Australians -- Politics and government
- Aboriginal Australians -- Social conditions
- Social identity - Aboriginality
- Race relations - Reconciliation
- Government policy - Self determination
- Culture - Theory and criticism - Postcolonial
- Race relations - Racism
- Politics and Government - Governance - Capacity building
- Social organisation - Elders
- Government policy - Intervention - Emergency response - 2007-2012
- Social organisation - Kinship
- Government policy - Mainstreaming
- Government policy - Commonwealth
- Politics and Government - Political action - Women
- Australia -- Ethnic relations -- Political aspects
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Les Aborigènes et l'apartheid politique Australien / Vanessa Castejon
- What direction should Commonwealth Aboriginal policy take now / [Paul G.E. Albrecht]
- Aboriginal political movements : some observations / by Pat O'Shane
- Submission to the Senate Standing Committee on the Social Environment Policies and Programs in Aboriginal Affairs / Department of Aboriginal Affairs
- Aboriginal progress : a new era? / edited by D.E. Hutchison