Post-backlash feminism : women and the media since Reagan-Bush / Kellie Bean
- Bib ID:
- Bean, Kellie
- Jefferson, N.C. : McFarland & Company, c2007
- v, 193 p. ; 23 cm.
"This work scrutinizes the prefix-based language of post-backlash feminism and calls for a reclamation of American feminist terminology. The author argues that the proliferation of so-called "prefix feminisms" has weakened the feminist movement by narrowing its focus into shallow interpretations of a broad social and political cause"--Provided by publisher.
- Full contents:
- Fellating patriarchy : men's magazine feminism
- The vexed body politic : Ms. Lewinsky, Mr. Clinton and the feminist establishment
- "A gaggle of dutiful daughters" : feminism does the waves
- Booby traps and Botox : putting the fun back into politics
- What a wonderful world it would be
- "MacKinnon was wrong" : a little rape never hurt anyone
- Conclusion : a signifier of one's own.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 187-190) and index.
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- What is feminism? / edited by Juliet Mitchell & Ann Oakley
- For the record : the making and meaning of feminist knowledge / Dale Spender ; introduces by Sue Adler
- Feminist futures : re-imagining women, culture and development / edited by Kum-Kum Bhavnani, John Foran, Priya A. Kurian and Debashish Munshi
- Saoirse na mBan / [le] Risteard O Glaisne