Letters and typescript of Christina Stead, 1969-1970 [manuscript]
- Bib ID:
- Stead, Christina, 1902-1983
- Access Conditions:
- Available for research. Not for loan.
- 0.03 m. (1 folder)
Typescript of Part I, Chapter 2 of, I'm dying laughing by Christina Stead ; 12 letters from Christina Stead to Rosemary Hibbert written between 7 April 1969 and 26 January 1970. Hibbert was employed to type Stead's literary manuscripts. Though the subject matter of the correspondence is primarily business-related, it also ranges to other aspects of Stead's work.
Author Christina Stead was born and educated in Australia, but spent most of her life abroad. Her acknowledged masterpiece is, The man who loved children, published in 1940. Despite critical acclaim she did not win a more general following in Australia until the mid-1960s. In 1974 Stead returned to Australia, making it her home for the first time since 1928.
- Manuscript reference no.: MS Acc08.192.
- Related Material:
- Christina Stead interviewed by Hazel de Berg in the Hazel de Berg collection; Located at; National Library of Australia Oral History collection ORAL TRC 1/398.
- Time Coverage:
- Copying of Christina Stead's copyright material permitted for research purposes.
If you wish to copy or order copies, contact us. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- A Manuscript Collection may have a range of formats and dates.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.