Police drug diversion : a study of criminal offending outcomes / Jason Payne, Max Kwiatkowski, Joy Wundersitz
- Bib ID:
- Payne, Jason
- Online Version:
- Canberra : Australian Institute of Criminology, 2008
- xix, 80 p. 25 cm.
- Research and public policy series ; no. 97
"In 2006, the Australian Institute of Criminology assessed the effectiveness of state and territory drug diverson programs established by the Illicit Drug Diversion Initiative (IDDI) to reduce illicit drug users' contact with the criminal justice system. This report examines programs run by policing agencies. It looks at the structure and effectiveness of Australian state and territroy approaches to IDDI programs through comparison of offending behaviour before and after program attendance. The type and number of prior offences, Indigenous status, age, gender and compliance with intervention programs were examined as potential predictors of post-diversion levels of recidivism. While varying in significance between jurisdictions, these issues show their influence in affecting offender numbers, offending frequency, offence type and associated factors."--Backcover.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Also available in a PDF version via the internet.
- Drug abuse and crime -- Australia
- Alcoholism and crime -- Australia
- Community-based corrections -- Australia
- Crime and imprisonment statistics
- Crime - Recidivism
- Crime - Diversion strategies
- Law enforcement - Punishment
- Crime - Rehabilitation
- Substance use - Illicit drugs
- New South Wales (NSW)
- Victoria (Vic)
- South Australia (SA)
- Western Australia (WA)
- Tasmania (Tas)
- Northern Territory (NT)
- Australian Capital Territory (ACT SI55-16)
- Queensland (Qld)
- Drug diversion programs
- Diversion program evaluation
- Other authors/contributors:
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Until 2058 [Created/Published Date + 50 Years]
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.
- ACT recidivist offenders / Toni Makkai ... [et al.]
- The promise of crime prevention / Frances Gant and Peter Grabosky
- Drugs and crime : a study of incarcerated male offenders / Toni Makkai and Jason Payne
- Connections II : crime rackets and networks of influence in Australia / Bob Bottom
- Drugs and crime : a study of incarcerated female offenders / Holly Johnson