The age of wonder : how the Romantic generation discovered the beauty and terror of science / Richard Holmes
- Bib ID:
- Holmes, Richard, 1945-
- 1st U.S. ed.
- New York : Pantheon Books, c2008
- xxi, 552 p.,  p. of plates : ill. (some col.), maps, ports., facsims. ; 25 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 485-496) and index.
- Banks, Joseph, 1743-1820
- Herschel, William, 1738-1822
- Davy, Humphry, Sir, 1778-1829
- Science -- Great Britain -- History -- 18th century
- Scientists -- Great Britain
- Discoveries in science -- Great Britain -- History -- 18th century
- Great Britain -- Intellectual life -- 18th century
- Great Britain -- History -- 18th century
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- The reports of the secret and select committees, [electronic resource] : Appointed by the Honourable the House of Commons, to enquire into the causes of the war in the Carnatic; and the state of the justice in the provinces of Bengal, Babar, and Orissa
- The works of Lord Bolingbroke
- History of Great Britain, from the Revolution, 1688, to the conclusion of the Treaty of Amiens, 1802
- Plain truth [electronic resource] : Seriously addressed to the people of Ireland, particularly to the members of both Houses of Parliament
- History of England from the peace of Utrecht to the peace of Versailles : 1713-1783 / by Lord Mahon