The right of Kings, and duty of subjects [electronic resource] : Proving, that it is not lawful for subjects, upon any ground or pretence whatever, to rebel against their lawful King. To which is added, an extract from Dr. Stanhope's translation of the author's celebrated book of wisdom, toucing the miseries and inconveniencies of a crown'd head. Written in French by the Sieur de Charon, and now done into English
- Bib ID:
- Charron, Pierre, 1541-1603
- Uniform Title:
- Discours chrestien. English
- Online Access:
- Full text online
- London : Printed, and sold by A. Dodd, without Temple-Bar; and E. Smith, in Cornhill, [1709?]
- 24 pages ; 8⁰.
- A translation of 'Discours chrestien, qu'il n'est permis ny loisible a un subiect, pour quelque cause & raison que ce soit, de se liguer, bander, & rebeller contre son roy', first published in Paris in 1606.
- E copy dated "1709" in MS.
- Preface signed by the translator: J. R.
- Price on title page: (Price Four-pence.)
- Reproduction of original from Bodleian Library (Oxford).
- This translation first published in [1684?] (Wing C3721).
- Cited In:
- English Short Title Catalog, T198506.
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
- Divine right of kings
- Great Britain England London.
- Other authors/contributors:
- Charron, Pierre, Docteur ès Droits
Out of Copyright
- Reason for copyright status:
- Created/Published Date is Before 1955
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Presumed date of death of creator (latest date):
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
- The right of kings and the duty of subjects [electronic resource] : a Christian discourse proving that it is not lawful for subjects upon any ground or pretence whatever to rebel against their lawful king / written by P. Charron, Parisian, author of the book of Wisdom ; now Englished by J.R
- The right of kings and the duty of subjects [microform] : a Christian discourse proving that it is not lawful for subjects upon any ground or pretence whatever to rebel against their lawful king / written by P. Charron, Parisian, author of the book of Wisdom ; now Englished by J.R
- Of wisdom [electronic resource] : Three books. Written originally in French, / by the Sieur de Charron. With an account of the author. Made English by George Stanhope
- Of wisdom [electronic resource]. Three books. Written originally in French, by the Sieur de Charron. With an account of the author. Made English by George Stanhope
- A description of the freedom box, voted by the city of London, to the Hon. Augustus Keppel, Admiral of the Blue. To which is prefixed A succinct account of his public services [microform]