Chinnery Collection, New Guinea, 1912-1937 [picture]
- Bib ID:
- Museum of Victoria
- Online Version:
- National Library of Australia digitised item. PIC P783/1-1823 LOC Albums 869A-G copy
- Related Online Resources:
- Finding aid at National Library of Australia
- 1823 photographs (contact prints and negatives)
Photographs show New Guinea weapons, dress and decoration, religious practices, artefacts, canoes and rafts, dances and ceremonies, houses, and copper mining.
E.W.P. Chinnery was Government Anthropologist in New Guinea 1924-1932 and Director of District Services and Native Affairs 1932-1939; he then headed the Dept. of Native Affairs in Northern Territory for six years.
- The duplicate negatives and prints were created by the Museum of Victoria from negatives by E.W.P. Chinnery. The original negatives are now held by the National Library of Australia in the Pictures section.
- PIC P783/1-1823 LOC Albums 869A-G copy Also available online https://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-141831951
- P783 albums 869A-G.
- Related Material:
- Papers of E.W.P. Chinnery are held in National Library of Australia MS 766.
- Index/Finding Aid Note:
- Lists available.
- Other authors/contributors:
- Chinnery, E. W. Pearson (Ernest William Pearson), 1887-1972
- Related Records:
This is a collection.
This collection contains 2 records.
Out of Copyright
- Reason for copyright status:
- Created/Published Date is Before 1955
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Published status:
- Creation date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Paddling on the river, New Guinea, [between 1930 and 1937] [picture]
- Front view of the canoe, up the river, New Guinea, [between 1930 and 1937] [picture]
- Polymer characterization : spectroscopic, chromatographic, and physical instrumental methods / Clara D. Craver, editor
- Polymer association structures : microemulsions and liquid crystals / Magda A. El-Nokaly, editor
- Sepik district, Papua New Guinea, 1925, 1 / E.W.P. Chinnery