A bush capital year : a natural history of the Canberra region / Ian Fraser and Peter Marsack
- Bib ID:
- Fraser, Ian, 1951-
- Related Online Resources:
- Publisher's home page
- Collingwood, Vic. : CSIRO Publishing, c2011
- xiii, 218 p. : col. ill. ; 25 cm.
"The Australian Capital Territory is a treasure trove for naturalists, despite being without a coastline, without rainforest or without deserts. A wealth of biodiversity is found there, due to the close proximity of three major habitat types: the great western woodland grassy plains bump up against the inland edge of the coastal hinterland mountain forests, while the whole south-eastern Australian Alps system reaches its northern limit in the Brindabella Ranges. Each of these habitats has its own rich suite of plants and animals, so a great diversity of life can be found within an hour's drive of Parliament House. ... introduces the fauna, flora, hatibtats and reserves of the Australian Capital Territoty, including the most recent research available. It also emphasises often unappreciated or even unrecognised urban wildlife."--Back cover.
- Also available in an electronic version via the Internet at the publisher's home page: http://www.publish.csiro.au
- Other authors/contributors:
- Marsack, Peter
- Also Titled:
- Natural history of the Canberra region
- © text: Ian Fraser 2011; artwork: Peter Marsack 2011.
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Until 2061 [Created/Published Date + 50 Years]
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Reptiles & frogs of the Australian Capital Territory / Ross Bennett
- Handmade living : a designer collective / by Tania McCartney, with Julie Nichols ; illustrations Tina Snerling
- 10 Faces 10 Stories
- ACT sustainable energy policy : energy for a sustainable city : 2011-2020
- Positive parenting toolkit for families [electronic resource] : parenting tips, contacts and information