Wild women / [Pamela Robson]
- Bib ID:
- Robson, Pamela
- Millers Point, N.S.W. : Pier 9, 2011
- 304 p. : ill. (some col.), ports. ; 23 cm.
Details the lives and deeds of some of the most extraordinary women in history. Trailblazers, hell-raisers and firebrands, these women showed a level of daring and disregard for traditional gender roles completely atypical of their time and culture. This collection features women like Njinga, guerrilla fighter and queen of seventeenth century Angola; Moll Cutpurse, underworld matriarch of the streets of Elizabethan London; Irish pirate and rebel, Anne Bonny; and infamous American bank robber, poet and songwriter Bonnie Parker.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 296-299) and index.
- Also Titled:
- Wild women : history's female rebels, radicals and revolutionaries
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Amazons & hellcats : groundbreaking women who forged a path in history / Lynn Santa Lucia
- Sanfte und mächtige Frauen aus China : Kaiserinnen, Künstlerinnen, Konkubinen / Marc Nürnberger ; [editorial, Antonia Meiners, Eva Römer]
- Notorious Australian women / Kay Saunders
- The power of 100 : one hundred women who have shaped Australia / Tess Livingstone
- Trailblazers : Caroline Chisholm to Quentin Bryce / Susanna de Vries