Twisting knowledge and emotions : modern bilums of Papua New Guinea / edited by Nicolas Garnier
- Bib ID:
- Port Moresby, P.N.G. : Alliance Française de Port Moresby, 2009
- 93 p. : col. ill. ; 21 x 30 cm.
This catalogue consists of 45 large colour plates presenting an exhaustive classification of modern bilums and their traditional origins. It contains 20 texts such as essays and poems, written by Papua New Guineans.
- Full contents:
- Bilum / Steven Edmund Winduo
- My bilum / Iphigenia Soaba
- Introduction / Nicolas Garnier
- Bilum of refuge / William Mania
- Just thought I might add a few words to protray what bilums mean for me / Jane Wia
- Healing powers of bilums / Ali Balagaize
- The meaning of bilum in the Yamap area of inland Salamaua of Morobe Province (Papua New Guinea) / Aundo Aitau
- Woven / B. David Kombako
- Bilum : my interpretation of it / Wari Kanama
- Bilums / John Kaupa Kamasua
- Modern girl, you are so modernized in making bilum / Alphonse Kona
- I'm worth mighty dollars / Alphonse Kona
- Kone'ne, the pride of my country / Alphonse Kona
- The old sibuta / Hinuvi Onafimo
- Papua New Guinean bilums / Shaq Joseph Pisai Gunar
- My bilum / Travertz Mahone
- DD pattern / Davis Sahanube
- Bilum / Pauline Riman
- Mother's daily chore / Nancy Manukoro Tawampe
- Bilum - a useful commodity / Nancy Manukoro Tawampe
- Some bon mots on the bilum / Russell Soaba
- She is priceless / Robert Baraka
- Bilum / Lewavogo Kaiulo
- Bilums are useful, bilums are our friends / Sau Nabag
- Shrivelled shrine in a smoke crowned house / Steven Edmund Winduo.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 41-43)
- Other authors/contributors:
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.
- From the mouths of ancestors / edited by K.A. McElhanon
- [Papua New Guinea press cuttings]
- Ömie sex affiliation : a Papuan nature / Marta Rohatynskyj
- Report and recommendation of the President to the Board of Directors on a proposed loan to Papua New Guinea for the Provincial Towns Water Supply and Sanitation project and a proposal for administering a grant from the Japan Fund for poverty reduction to Papua New Guinea for low-cost sanitation, community awareness and health education
- Papua New Guinea : politics, the economy, trade, investment opportunities / [by] R.J. Moreland