The magic phrase : critical essays on Christina Stead / edited by Margaret Harris
- Bib ID:
- St Lucia, Qld. : University of Queensland Press, 2000
- xiv, 305 p. ; 20 cm.
- Studies in Australian literature (St. Lucia, Qld.)
"This is the first volume of essays by various hands on the work of the great Australian novelist Christina Stead (1902-83). It provides an overview of Stead criticism, including pioneering 'classic' essays, together with a selection from the burgeoning critical literature of the 1980s and '90s, and several articles not previously published. The essays, representing a range of critical approaches to Stead's fiction, by Australian, North American and English critics, deal with Stead's work from her first published fiction, The Salzburg Tales (1934), to the posthumous I'm Dying Laughing (1986). The selection foregrounds discussion of her masterpiece, The Man Who Loved Children (1940)."--BOOK JACKET.
- Includes index.
- Other authors/contributors:
- Harris, Margaret, 1942-
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.
- The colonial journals and the emergence of Australian literary culture / Ken Gelder & Rachael Weaver
- Wilderness / Suzanne Falkiner ; concept by Lesley McKay
- Settlement / Suzanne Falkiner ; concept by Lesley McKay
- Signposts and milestones : understanding Australian culture / Nicolas Brasch
- Ports, cities and towns / Marilyn Wooley, Keith Pigdon