Jacki Weaver interviewed by Bill Stephens [sound recording]
- Bib ID:
- Weaver, Jacki, 1947-, interviewee
- Access Conditions:
- Access open for research; written permission required for personal copies and public use during the lifetime of the interviewee.
- 3 sound tape reels, 3 digital audio tapes (ca. 328 min.)
Jacki Weaver recalls her family background; entering her first talent quest at the age of 2 1/2 years old; her early training for a life in theatre; Kingsrove Childrens Theatre; Rathbone Academy of Dramatic Art; studing drama at Doris Fitton's Independent in North Sydney; her involvement in Bandstand and The Johnny O'Keefe Show; her involvement in both stage & film versions of The Removalist; working at The Nimrod; the directors and actors with whom she has worked in productions. She speaks about her present circumstances as a successful actress and personality as compared to her early career.
Jacki Weaver, stage, film and television performer began her professional career in 1962 playing Cinderella at the Phillip Theatre, Sydney. She has won numerous Best Actress Awards and 2 A.F.I. Awards (Australian Film Institute)
- Recorded on Nov. 4, 1994; June 19, 1995-June 21, 1995 at the Canberra Theatre (Canberra, A.C.T) and at Toorak, Vic.
- Digital master available National Library of Australia
- Index/Finding Aid Note:
- Timed summary (14 p.)
- Other authors/contributors:
- Stephens, Bill, 1936-, interviewer
Contact us for information about copying. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Until 2065 [Created/Published Date + 70 Years]
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Sound Recording
- Published status:
- Creation date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.