Economic evaluation of climate change adaptation strategies for local government [electronic resource] : Ku-ring-gai Council case study / R. Taplin ... [et al.]
- Bib ID:
- Online Access:
- Archived version
- Related Online Resources:
- Publisher site
- [Gordon, N.S.W.] : Ku-ring-gai Council, 2010
- PANDORA electronic collection
- Technical Details:
- Available via World Wide Web. On 14/12/10 freely available from Ku-ring-gai Council at: http://www.kmc.nsw.gov.au/www/html/3857-climate-change.asp.
- System requirements: Adobe Acrobat Reader to access files in a PDF format.
"In 2007, Council released a climate change report documenting its research into how local and global climate projections may affect Ku-ring-gai. The report showed Ku-ring-gai could potentially experience increased frequency and severity of storms, bushfire, heat waves and drought. In response to these findings, Council held a Climate Change Risk Workshop in 2008 with key members of the community, emergency services and climate scientists, leading to the formulation of a research partnership between Council, Macquarie and Bond Universities, to develop a comprehensive economic analysis of climate change risk and adaptation for Ku-ring-gai. The project was led by Nobel Peace Prize winner, Professor Anne Henderson-sellers, and produced the Economic Evaluation of Climate Change Adaptations Report."--Ku-ring-gai Council's website.
- "February 2010".
- "Macquarie University External Collaborative Research Grants Scheme Report 2008-09".
- Authors: "R. Taplin, A. Henderson-Sellers, S. Trueck, S. Mathew, H. Weng, M. Street, W. Bradford, J. Scott, P. Davies and L. Hayward"--Title screen.
- Logos of Bond University, Ku-ring-gai Council and Macquarie University on title screen.
- Title from title screen (viewed on 14 December 2010).
- Includes bibliography.
- Text and graphics.
- Selected for archiving
- Ku-ring-gai (N.S.W.). Council -- Planning
- Climate change mitigation -- Economic aspects -- New South Wales -- Ku-ring-gai -- Evaluation -- Case studies
- Climatic changes -- Economic aspects -- New South Wales -- Ku-ring-gai -- Evaluation -- Case studies
- Climatic changes -- Government policy -- New South Wales -- Ku-ring-gai -- Case studies
- Climatic changes -- Risk assessment -- New South Wales -- Ku-ring-gai
- Local government and environmental policy -- New South Wales -- Ku-ring-gai
- Other authors/contributors:
- Also Titled:
- Ku-ring-gai Council case study [electronic resource]
- Economic analysis of climate change adaptation strategies [electronic resource]
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.