Auditory Processing [microform] / Vilma T. Falck
- Bib ID:
- Book and Microform
- Falck, Vilma T
- Online Version:
- [Washington, D.C.] : Distributed by ERIC Clearinghouse, 1972
- 8 p.
The paper urges educators to take a renewed view of the problems and implications associated with auditory impairment in the student. Helping a child learn to utilize incoming information efficiently is seen as a problem of management. The processing of auditory information is briefly considered in the determination of what is entailed in the management of learning processes. Educators of the deaf are advised to evaluate each part of the mediating process which occurs between stimuli reception and subsequent behavior to insure that no obstacles to learning remain unidentified. It is said that the answer to the question of why a child cannot hear must consider such aspects of perception as a signal reception, signal analysis and acceptance, signal retention, signal synthesis and integration, and signal convergence and divergence. After this attention to auditory processing, appropriate rehabilitative educational programs can then be developed. (KW)
- ERIC Note: Paper presented at the Meeting of the Supervisors of the Deaf (San Antonio, Texas, January 20, 1972).
- May also be available online. Address as at 14/8/18: https://eric.ed.gov/
- Microfiche. [Washington D.C.]: ERIC Clearinghouse microfiches : positive.
- Other authors/contributors:
- University of St. Thomas, Houston, TX
- Available From:
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- The perceptual world / K. von Fieandt, I. K. Moustgaard
- Perception : a laboratory manual / edited by G. Singer, Adrienne Bennett [and] R. H. Day ; With contributions by Margaret Austin [and others]
- Perception; selected readings in science and phenomenology. Edited with an introd. by Paul Tibbetts
- Contemporary problems in perception : papers based on those delivered at a NATO Advanced Study Institute held at the University of Thessaloniki, Greece, 22-26 July 1968 / edited by A. T. Welford, L. Houssiadas
- On perception / Hans Wallach