Written Language Development and Instruction of Elementary School Children [microform] / Lester S. Golub
- Bib ID:
- Book and Microform
- Golub, Lester S
- Online Version:
- [Washington, D.C.] : Distributed by ERIC Clearinghouse, 1973
- 27 p.
This study of written language development and instruction of elementary school children found that realistic approaches are needed in teaching language usage, dialects, and registers. These approaches should include a nonrepetitive instructional system accounting for different linguistic abilities, a diagnostic evaluation of children's written language ability, objectives based on language performance and control rather than correctness, and learning environments and activities based on individualized and carefully monitored instructional theories. The study includes discussions of (1) current research in language development and instruction; (2) the question of whether children are learning the language concepts they are being taught; (3) the difference between linguistic performance and linguistic competence; (4) current practices in written language instruction in the elementary schools; and (5) needed research in language development and instruction. Tables recording the results of a test of 30 language arts concepts and the results of twelve language arts tasks which were administered to some elementary school children are included. (Author/DI)
- ERIC Note: Paper presented at Annual Meeting of the National Conference on Research in English (New Orleans, February 26-27, 1973).
- Educational level discussed: Elementary Education.
- May also be available online. Address as at 14/8/18: https://eric.ed.gov/
- Microfiche. [Washington D.C.]: ERIC Clearinghouse microfiches : positive.
- Available From:
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Seribu satu kesalahan berbahasa : bahan penyuluhan bahasa Indonesia / Zaenal Arifin, Farid Hadi
- Dahuer gu shi man wen shou gao / Hugejintai shu
- Language endangerment and language revitalization / by Tasaku Tsunoda
- Observations on the language of the Muhhekaneew Indians [microform] / by Jonathan Edwards
- Dahu'er fang yan yu Man Meng yu zhi yi tong bi jiao = Comparative study of Dagur Mongolian, classical Mongolian and Manchu / Hakanchulu, Hugjintai zhu