Samples of Farmer Training Programmes in Asia with Special Reference to Sons of Small Farmers [microform] / G. Cameron Clark
- Bib ID:
- Book and Microform
- Clark, G. Cameron
- [Washington, D.C.] : Distributed by ERIC Clearinghouse, 1972
- 47 p.
Three case studies are presented which describe new approaches to agricultural education and training of Asian rural farm youth on their own small farms in Ceylon, the Philippines, and Indonesia. Providing an initial summary, each case study is discussed in terms of its background; planning stages; objectives; course of events; problems; results; and significant lessons learned. The Ceylon experiment (1963-64) is described as involving 31 youth (aged 16 to 25) in individual home farm projects; wherein, trainers spent two-thirds of their time on the trainees' farms dealing with realistic problems as they arose and the rest of their time in formalized instruction (parent/student/teacher cooperation and coordination are cited as major reasons for program successes). The Philippine project is described as a two-year terminal training course for out-of-school male and female farm youth aged 12 to 25; wherein, trainees spent the majority of their time mastering technical farm/home and managerial skills via well planned home projects closely supervised by an instructor. The Indonesia study is described as involving two components: The Young Farmers' Courses (two hours of lecture per week for mature farm youth also engaged in home projects); and the Young Farmers Training Centers (one-year terminal vocational agricultural education offered to future farmers aged 17 to 25). (JC)
- ERIC Note: Not available in hard copy due to marginal legibility of original document; Paper presented at Seminar on Extension and Other Services Supporting the Small Farmers in Asia (Berlin, West Germany, October 31 - November 22, 1972).
- May also be available online. Address as at 14/8/18: https://eric.ed.gov/
- Microfiche. [Washington D.C.]: ERIC Clearinghouse microfiches : positive.
- Reports, Descriptive.
- Available From:
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Condizione giovanile e problematica educativa / Emma Beseghi
- The now generation; social problems of youth as related to images of self, family, and society [by] Austin L. Porterfield
- Youth and the future : the general report of the American Youth Commission
- Youth's chance today / a report of a youth conference held at Mt. Evelyn National Fitness Camp, 10th-12th May, 1957
- An address to young people [microform] : or, a letter to a friend / a student of Williams College, (Mass.)