Response Latency and Individual Differences [microform] : An Integration in a General Latent Trait Model / David M. Thissen
- Bib ID:
- Book and Microform
- Thissen, David M
- Online Version:
- [Washington, D.C.] : Distributed by ERIC Clearinghouse, 1977
- 22 p.
Few phenomena in psychology have been studied more than reaction time. However, while response latency now provides the basic data for research in many areas of cognitive psychology, little work has been done on the problem of incorporating response latency in the measurement of individual differences. A solution to this problem requires the construction of a mathematical model relating reaction time to individual and test item variation. The present research is concerned with the development and empirical validation of such a model. The model developed here provides a simultaneous analysis of test item responses and the latencies associated with those responses. The method is sufficiently general to be used in the analysis of a wide variety of data, ranging from responses to conventional ability tests to data collected in experimental problem-solving situations. The application of this model to a set of spatial visualizing ability test data is discussed. The results indicate that the model provides a parsimonious summary of the raw data, and estimates of individual differences useful in further analysis. (Author)
- ERIC Note: Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Educational Research Association (61st, New York, New York, April 4-8, 1977).
- May also be available online. Address as at 14/8/18: https://eric.ed.gov/
- Microfiche. [Washington D.C.]: ERIC Clearinghouse microfiches : positive.
- Reports, Research.
- Available From:
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Cognitive Process Analysis of Aptitude [microform] : The Nature of Inductive Reasoning Tasks / Robert Glaser and James W. Pellegrino
- Interbattery Factor Analysis and Canonical Correlation Analysis as Tools for Relating Concept Attainment Measures and Cognitive Abilities Measures [microform] / Chester W. Harris
- Multiple Choice Questions [microform] : A Close Look
- A Comparative Study of Problem Solving Processes Relative to the Models Developed by Jean Piaget and Loyola University. Final Report [microform] / James B. Erdmann and Dorothea M. Buchi
- A Class of Tests for Multivariate Normality Based on Linear Functions of Order Statistics [microform] / Murray A. Aitkin