Writing Right Across the Curriculum, K-12 [microform] / Sheila A. Schlawin, Ed
- Bib ID:
- Book and Microform
- Dutchess County Board of Cooperative Educational Services, Poughkeepsie, NY
- [Washington, D.C.] : Distributed by ERIC Clearinghouse, 1980
- 96 p.
Devised by participants in a summer workshop focusing on writing in the content areas, this guide contains activities for improving writing skills at all grade levels. The various sections of the guide provide the following: (1) a general discussion of teaching writing in all subject areas; (2) ways to use interviews to gather information for use in expository and other kinds of writing; (3) peer interviewing to help develop pieces of writing; (4) useful introductions to group work; (5) journal writing; (6) workshop activities that are adaptable to various grade levels and disciplines; (7) a science fiction unit; (8) lesson plans in observation for all grade levels; (9) ways to teach the use of symbols; and (10) a lesson plan for the building administration. In addition, the guide contains 17 lesson plans for all grades and subject areas. (FL)
- Availability: Dutchess Co. Board of Cooperative Educational Services, R. D. 1, Box 369 A, Salt Point Turnpike, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601 ($4.50).
- ERIC Note: Photographs may not reproduce clearly.
- May also be available online. Address as at 14/8/18: https://eric.ed.gov/
- Microfiche. [Washington D.C.]: ERIC Clearinghouse microfiches : positive.
- Guides, Classroom
- Other authors/contributors:
- Available From:
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.
- Teaching Writing: Research [microform] : Strategies. A Summer Curriculum Project--1981 / M. Elissa Brockley and Others
- Write? [microform] : Right! / Charles R. Chew and Sheila A. Schlawin
- Energy, Key to the Future. Teaching Techniques for the Understanding and Conservation of Energy, K-12 [microform] / Wayne Mengel
- Community-Base Project [microform] / Thomas Denton
- Region 3 Occupational Education Plan, 1976-1981 [microform]