Correspondence. Pacific Islands, 1824-1905 [microform]/ as filmed by the AJCP
- Bib ID:
- Manuscript and Microform
- Great Britain. Foreign Office
- Online Version:
- National Library of Australia digitised item
- Canberra : Australian Joint Copying Project, [19--]
- 42 microfilm reels ; 35 mm.
- Australian Joint Copying Project part 5, FO 58.
Subjects range from British colonial policy in the Pacific and relations with independent island governments to annexation of territory by European powers, particularly including the annexation of the Sandwich Islands. Correspondence includes Foreign Office instructions to consular representations and despatches concerning missionary activity, attacks on British residents, petitions from native chiefs, trade, signing of Treaty of Waitangi, and correspondence with Tahiti consulate before 1843.
- National Library of Australia holds microfilm master.
- Filmed as part of the Australian Joint Copying Project by the National Library of Australia and the Library of New South Wales.
- All pieces is class have been filmed, but pieces 94-322 not included in Australian Joint Copying Project: held at reels G1672-1791, National Library of Australia, and pieces 94-339 at reels FM 4/797-923 at Mitchell Library.
- Public Record Office FO 58.
- Also available online https://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-727985095
- Original held by Public Record Office, London.
- Cited In:
- Australian Joint Copying Project handbook. Part 5 : Foreign Office - class and piece list, p. 80-82.
- Index/Finding Aid Note:
- More detailed list for pieces 1-8-
- Great Britain. Foreign Office -- Records and correspondence
- Treaty of Waitangi (1840 February 6)
- Great Britain -- Colonies -- Oceania
- Great Britain -- Commerce
- Hawaii -- History -- To 1893
- Tahiti -- Relations -- Great Britain
- Great Britain -- Relations -- Tahiti
- Oceania -- Politics and government
- Oceania -- Church history
- Time Coverage:
- Other authors/contributors:
- Related Records:
This belongs to the Foreign Office records (Australian Joint Copying Project)..
This collection contains 14 records.
Out of Copyright
- Reason for copyright status:
- Since 1975 [Created/Published Date + 70 Years]
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.
- Western Pacific : Register of correspondence, 1878-1908 [microform]/ as filmed by the AJCP
- Correspondence. France, 1782-1905 [microform]/ as filmed by the AJCP
- Registers of General Correspondence, 1836-1857 [microform]/ as filmed by the AJCP
- Colonies, General : Entry books of correspondence, series II, 1740-1872 [microform]/ as filmed by the AJCP
- Western Pacific : Register of out-letters, 1879-1900 [microform]/ as filmed by the AJCP