The Origin and Development of Language (Learning Resources Series) [microform] / Roy Wilkinson
- Bib ID:
- Book and Microform
- Wilkinson, Roy
- [Washington D.C.] : Distributed by ERIC Clearinghouse, 1992
- 98 p.
This book traces the development of speech from a time when the spiritual roots of words were still experienced, down to the present day when words are in danger of being little else than 'bits' of information. The book illustrates the origins of everyday words and names and traces the use of words through history. It shows how certain sounds originally represented objects, ideas, and activities. The book's chapters are entitled: (1) Derivations: Pictures in Words; (2) Words and History; (3) The Nature of Sound in Language; (4) The Original Universal Language; (5) Developments in Lemuria and Atlantis; and (6) The Cosmic Word or the Music of the Spheres. (CR)
- Availability: Anthroposophic Press, Lindisfarne Books, 3390 RT 9, Hudson, NY 12534; phone: 518-851-2054 (6.95 British pounds).
- May also be available online. Address as at 14/8/18: https://eric.ed.gov/
- Microfiche. [Washington D.C.]: ERIC Clearinghouse microfiches : positive.
- Available From:
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Seribu satu kesalahan berbahasa : bahan penyuluhan bahasa Indonesia / Zaenal Arifin, Farid Hadi
- Kachin vocabulary / by Andrew Symington
- Xi Xia yu wen yan jiu lun wen ji / Gong Huangcheng zhu
- Here, there and everywhere : essays upon language / by Eric Partridge
- Marku Mau Sau = The Gospel according to St. Mark in Atsi