Managing Technology Efficiently in California K-12 Schools [microform] : Policies & Practices for Minimizing the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) / Kyra Caspary, Tim Kusserow and Jake Lavin
- Bib ID:
- Book and Microform
- Caspary, Kyra
- Online Version:
- [Washington, D.C.] : Distributed by ERIC Clearinghouse, 1999
- 77 p.
The total cost of ownership (TCO) of computer technology in California's K-12 public schools is assessed via a study of two high schools, one elementary school, and one school district that have implemented successful technology programs. The research covers four fundamental problems in technology ownership that add costs to schools and create problems for educators: (1) lack of technical expertise; (2) lack of sustained funding; (3) lack of incentive to manage technology efficiently; and (4) difficulties in managing technology programs. Three State policies are recommended to help schools and school districts identify, plan, and manage TCO for technology. The first requires schools to have separate budget accounts for technology in the school budget. The second divides State funding into four phases with each contingent on a school's readiness to proceed to the next phase. The third creates incentives for school districts to provide technology support more efficiently. Appendices provide the best practices for each phase of the life cycle of owning and managing technology, and descriptions and overviews of each of the study's schools and the school district. (Contains 24 references.) (GR)
- Microfiche. [Washington D.C.]: ERIC Clearinghouse microfiches : positive.
- Other authors/contributors:
- Available From:
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Democratizing technology : risk, responsibility and the regulation of chemicals / Anne Chapman
- Technology / edited by Kerry Ball
- Anleitung zur technologie [electronic resource] : oder zur kentniss der handwerke, fabriken und manufacturen, vornehmlich derer, welche mit der landwirthschaft, polizey und cameralwissenschaft in nächster verbindung stehn. Nebst beyträgen zur kunstgeschichte / von Johann Beckmann
- Business and technology : today and tomorrow
- Prace Wydziału Techniki