A new and accurate map of the East Jndia Jslands [cartographic material] : laid down according to the latest discoveries, and agreeable to the most approved maps and charts, the whole being regulated by astron.l observations / by Eman: Bowen
- Bib ID:
- Bowen, Emanuel, -1767
- Online Version:
- National Library of Australia digitised item. MAP NK 1553 copy
- Scale [ca.1:10 771 200] 1 in. = 170 miles (E 92⁰00' 00--E 138⁰00' 00/N 22⁰17' 00--S 14⁰00' 00)
- [London] : E. Bowen, [1747?]
- 1 map : hand col. ; 33 x 41 cm, on sheet 39 x 47 cm.
- Rex Nan Kivell collection of maps.
- Rex Nan Kivell Collection ; Map NK 1553
- "English miles 60 to a degree"
- "No. 40"
- Cartouche title.
- Contains commentaries by author, in body of map. Illustration top right hand corner surrounding title cartouche.
- Map of Indonesia, and including Northern Australia, Indo-China and Malaysia.
- Plate no 40 extracted from: Emanuel Bowen's, A complete system of geography, London : E. Bowen, [1747?]
- Relief shown pictorially.
- Shows the northern most "part of New Holland".
- MAP NK 1553 copy Also available online https://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-230592625
- Rex Nan Kivell Collection Map NK 1553
- Time Coverage:
- Also Titled:
- New and accurate map of the East India islands [cartographic material]
- Related Records:
Out of Copyright
- Reason for copyright status:
- Creator Date of Death is Before 1955
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Presumed date of death of creator (latest date):
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- A general map of the world, or terraqueous globe [cartographic material] : with all the new discoveries and marginal delineations, containing the most interesting particulars in the solar, starry and mundane system / by Sam'l Dunn
- A new and correct map of the world laid down according to the newest discoveries and from the most exact observations [cartographic material] / by Herman Moll Geographer
- A map of the world [cartographic material] : corrected from the observations communicated to the royal Societys [sic] of London and Paris / by Iohn Senex
- [Compass rose from map 'The prouince of Connaugh [sic] with the citie of Galwaye described', with author and printer statements, from unidentified printing of 'A prospect of the most famous parts of the world'] [electronic resource] / Performed by Iohn Speede and are to be solde in Popes hedd Alley against the Exchange by Iohn Sudbury and George Humble. Anno Do: mini [sic] 1610
- The Philippine islands and others of the East Indies according to newest descriptions [cartographic material] / by Herman Moll, Geographer