Australian generations oral history project [sound recording]
- Bib ID:
- Access Conditions:
- Access conditions vary.
- < 299 > interviews.
- "This is the first major national project to investigate intergenerational dynamics and the impact of dramatic social, technological and environmental changes on the experiences and attitudes of succeeding Australian Generations. Although the Bicentennial History Project of the 1980s, and the People’s History written in reaction to it, considered aspects of the history of ordinary people’s everyday life, neither focused on generational change or identity (Daniels 1988; Burgmann and Lee 1988). The national scope of our project will advance understanding of the diversity of Australian historical experience within groups and over time. We propose an original and significant historical interrogation of assumptions about Australian Generations. We will question and complicate the commonly accepted Australian generational ascriptions of Builders (born c. 1925-46), Baby Boomers (c. 1947-64), Generation X (c. 1965-79) and Generation Y (c. 1980-94) (McCrindle 2009) and explore questions neglected in survey research about the interactions and overlaps between generations, and the ways in which class, gender, ethnicity, race and region inflect with and cut across age and generation"--Australian Generations Oral History Project (website).
- Interviews conducted by: Ben Ross, Catherine Forge (formerly Catherine McLennan), Frank Heimans, Hamish Sewell, John Bannister, Katie Holmes, Matthew Higgins, Nicole Curby, Seamus O'Hanlon, Siobhán McHugh, Susan Marsden, Johanna Kijas, Mary Hutchison, Jeannine Baker, Alistair Thomson, Kerreen Reiger, Roslyn Burge, Elaine Rabbitt, Peter Donovan, Elena Volkova, Atem Atem, Rob Willis, Karen George, Jill Kitson, Matthew Stephen, Sarah Rood and Suzanne Gibson.
- Recorded from 16 July 2011- [ongoing].
- Digital master available National Library of Australia
- Age-structured populations -- Australia
- Baby boom generation -- Australia -- Interviews
- Baby boom generation -- Australia -- Attitudes
- Generation X -- Australia -- Interviews
- Generation X -- Australia -- Attitudes
- Generation Y -- Australia -- Interviews
- Generation Y -- Australia -- Attitudes
- Intergenerational relations -- Australia
- Other authors/contributors:
- Bannister, John (William John Egerton), 1967-, interviewer
- Curby, Nicole, 1983-, interviewer
- Forge, Catherine, interviewer
- Gibson, Suzanne, interviewer
- Heimans, Frank, 1943-, interviewer
- Higgins, Matthew, 1957-, interviewer
- Holmes, Katie, interviewer
- Marsden, Susan, 1952-, interviewer
- McHugh, Siobhán, 1957-, interviewer
- O'Hanlon, Seamus, interviewer
- Ross, Ben, interviewer
- Sewell, Hamish, 1964-, interviewer
- Kijas, Johanna, interviewer
- Hutchison, Mary, interviewer
- Baker, Jeannine, interviewer
- Thomson, Alistair, 1960-, interviewer
- Reiger, Kerreen, 1946-, interviewer
- Burge, Roslyn (Roslyn Amy), interviewer
- Rabbitt, Elaine, interviewer
- Donovan, P. F. (Peter Francis), 1945-, interviewer
- Volkova, Elena, interviewer
- Atem, Atem Dau, 1974-, interviewer
- Willis, Rob, 1944-, interviewer
- George, Karen, 1962-, interviewer
- Kitson, Jill, interviewer
- Stephen, Matthew, interviewer
- Rood, Sarah, 1976-, interviewer
- Related Records:
This is a collection.
This collection contains 297 records.
If you wish to copy or order copies, contact us. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Until 2081 [Created/Published Date + 70 Years]
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Sound Recording
- Published status:
- Creation date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.
- Abdelaziz Komi interviewed by Atem Atem in the Australian generations oral history project
- Longar Bol Akol interviewed by Atem Atem in the Australian generations oral history project
- Achol Gai interviewed by Atem Atem in the Australian generations oral history project
- Alison Fettell interviewed by Roslyn Burge in the Australian generations oral history project
- Marco Neyra interviewed by Rob Willis in the Australian generations oral history project