Songs from The lady of the lake and Marmion [music] / [from] the writings of Walter Scott
- Bib ID:
- Music and Manuscript
- [ca. 1815]
- 1 v. (unpaged) of ms. music ; 39 cm.
- Full contents:
- Roderigh Vich Alpine Dhu, ho! ieroe : the boat song in 'The lady of the lake' / written by Walter Scott ; the music composed by J. Clarke
- Coronach, or, Funeral song : 'He's gone on the mountain' / from W. Scott's Lady of the lake ; the music composed by Dr. Clarke
- Soldier bridegroom's song : Norman's song 'The heath this night must be my bed' / from The lady of the lake written by Walter Scott ; the music by Jno. Stevenson
- Ave Maria! : hymn to the Virgin / from W. Scott's The layd of the lake ; composed for three voices by J. Mazzinghi
- Blanche of Devan's : song 'Then bid me sing, then bid me pray' / from The lady of the lake by W. Scott ; composed by Dr. Clarke
- Lament for the death of Roderick Dhu from The lady of the lake / J. Mazzinghi
- Song of Fitz-Eustace / the poetry from Marmion by W. Scott ; composed by J. Clarke
- Last words of Marmion / written by Walter Scott ; the music by John Clarke.
- Copyist's ms. volume of various musical settings of texts from Walter Scott's The lady of the lake and Marmion.
- Date of production approximated from similar published items.
- Library's copy bears bookplate inside front cover: John Wilkinson.
- Other authors/contributors:
Out of Copyright
Contact us for information about copying.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Since 1914 [Creator Date of Death + 70 Years]
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Presumed date of death of creator (latest date):
- Published status:
- Creation date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- The tales of a grandfather : being the history of Scotland from the earliest period to the close of the rebellion 1745-46 / by Sir Walter Scott, with introduction by F.W. Farrar
- A letter to the editor of the Edinburgh Weekly journal [electronic resource] : on the proposed change of currency, and other late alterations, as they affect, or are intended to affect, the Kingdom of Scotland / from Malachi Malagrowther
- Waverley novels : from the last rev. ed. containing the author's final corrections, notes, etc
- Rob Roy. [electronic resource] / By the author of Waverley, Guy Mannering, and The antiquary. ; [Four lines from Wordsworth] ; In two volumes. Vol. I[-II]
- A letter to the editor of the Edinburgh weekly journal [microform] : on the proposed change of currency, and other late alterations, as they affect, or are intended to affect, the Kingdom of Scotland / from Malachi Malagrowther