Papers of Neil O'Sullivan, 1948-1965 [manuscript]
- Bib ID:
- O'Sullivan, Neil, Sir, 1900-1968
- Related Online Resources:
- Finding aid at National Library of Australia
- Access Conditions:
- Available for research. Not for loan.
- 1.12 m. (8 boxes).
Apart from some business papers, the collection relates almost entirely to O'Sullivan's career as a Queensland Senator and Minister in the Menzies Government. They include correspondence, reports, subject files, notes, speeches, cuttings, photographs, invitations, menus and publications. The papers are most extensive for the period 1956-1959, when O'Sullivan was Attorney-General and Chairman of the joint Committee on Constitutional Review. Correspondents include Robert Menzies, Shane Paltridge, Sir Owen Dixon, Reg Wright, Douglas Menzies and Magnus Cormack.
Liberal Senator for Queensland, 1947-1968. Minister for Trade and Customs Government Leader in the Senate, 1949-1965; Attorney-General, Vice-President of the Executive Council and Government Leader in the Senate, 1956-1959. O'Sullivan retired from the Senate in 1962.
- Manuscript reference no. : MS 8639.
- Cited In:
- Guide to collections of manuscripts relating to Australia ; E956
- Index/Finding Aid Note:
- Descriptive list available (10 p.)
- Time Coverage:
- Federal politicians.
- Other authors/contributors:
If you wish to copy or order copies, contact us. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- A Manuscript Collection may have a range of formats and dates.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.
- Papers relating to the Commonwealth Jubilee, 1951 [manuscript]
- Papers of Sir Robert Menzies, 1905-1978 [manuscript]
- Papers of Lady Frances McNicoll, 1922-1989 (bulk 1969-1981) [manuscript]
- Sir Robert Menzies Lecture
- Sir Robert Menzies talking to Lady McNicoll in Menzies MS 4936 collection [sound recording]