Betty Roland interviewed by Hazel de Berg in the Hazel de Berg collection [sound recording]
- Bib ID:
- Roland, Betty, 1903-1996, interviewee
- Online Version:
- National Library of Australia digitised item
- Access Conditions:
- Access open for research, personal copies and public use.
- 1971 Nov. 17
- 2 sound tape reels (ca. 75 min.)
- Hazel de Berg collection ; DeB 556-557
Roland speaks of her patchy education; her family environment; the beginnings of her journalistic work; the inspiration for the play "A touch of silk"; her 15 months stay in Moscow; her beginning as a radio play writer in Sydney; working for Hulton Press in England; writing a series of children's books titled "Jamie"; her return to Australia; writing light romantic fiction; the source material for her novel "The other side of sunset" (1972).
- Also available online http://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-220869335
- Index/Finding Aid Note:
- Transcript available (30 p.)
- Other authors/contributors:
- De Berg, Hazel, 1913-1984, interviewer
- Related Records:
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Until 2041 [Created/Published Date + 70 Years]
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Sound Recording
- Published status:
- Creation date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Faith Bandler interviewed by Hazel de Berg in the Hazel de Berg collection
- Jean Dixon interviewed by Hazel de Berg in the Hazel de Berg collection [sound recording]
- Lesley Rowlands interviewed by Hazel de Berg in the Hazel de Berg collection [sound recording]
- Elizabeth Guy interviewed by Hazel de Berg in the Hazel de Berg collection [sound recording]
- Mona Brand interviewed by Hazel de Berg in the Hazel de Berg collection [sound recording]