- Bib ID:
- Uniform Title:
- Futurian observer (Randwick, N.S.W.)
- Online Version:
- Randwick, N.S.W. : [Futurian Society of Sydney], 1940-1942
- volumes ; 34 cm
Futurian Observer was initially edited by Bert F. Castellari & William D. Veney, in later issues Veney was replaced by Ronald B. Levy. It was the very first Australian newszine and lasted for no less than 57 issues. The first of these appeared in January 1940 and the last March 1942, after which the war made publishing further issues impossible. 'Obs', as the zine was known back then, is the unexpurgated chronicle of the first age of fan in Australia. In those slim issues appeared everybody and everything that made Australian fandom of the forties what it was.
- Numbering Note:
- Extra unnumbered issue published Oct. 1940 between no. 21 and 22.
- Also available online. Address as at 24/3/2013: http://efanzines.com/FutObs
- Life Dates:
- No. 1 ([Jan. 15, 1940])-
- Other authors/contributors:
- Futurian Society of Sydney, issuing body
Copyright varies by issue and article
Copyright varies with each issue and article. You may have full rights to copy, or may be able to copy only under some circumstances, for example a portion for research or study. Order a copy where circumstances allow through Copies Direct or Contact us for further information.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Serials have an open range of dates.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.