Piksa Nuigini / Stephen Dupont
- Bib ID:
- Dupont, Stephen, 1967-, photographer
- Cambridge, MA : Peabody Museum Press, 2013
- 2 volumes : illustrations (some colour), colour map ; 28 cm
Stephen Dupont (born 1967) is an Australian photographer who has produced hauntingly beautiful images of fragile cultures and marginalized peoples since beginning his photographic career in 1989. 'Piksa Nuigini' records Dupont's journey through some of the most important cultural and historical zones in Papua New Guinea: the Highlands, Sepik, Bougainville and the capital city, Port Moresby. Through images and diary entries, Dupont captures the spirit of human life on one of the world's last truly wild frontiers. This work was conducted with the support of the Robert Gardner Fellowship of Photography at Harvard's Peabody Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology. The publication consists of two slipcased volumes: 'Piksa Nuigini: Portraits' and 'Piksa Nuigini: Diaries'. The former is a collection of portraits reproduced in luscious duotone; the latter a collection of the diaries, drawings, contact sheets and documentary photographs that Dupont produced as he created his work.
- Full contents:
- [vol. 1]. Portraits
- [vol. 2]. Diaries.
- Published simultaneously in a special artist's limited edition of 50 copies.
- National Library's SR copy is no. 35/50 and numbered, dated and signed by Stephen Dupont.
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Papua New Guinea gazetteer 1974 / prepared by the Central Mapping Bureau, Department of Lands, Surveys and Mines, Port Moresby, P.N.G
- Village directory, 1973 / prepared ... by the Department of the Chief Minister and Development Administration
- Papua New Guinea : national gazetteer of place names
- Asimba : a collection of designs / by young artists from Sogeri High School ; compiled by Barry Ison
- An alphabetical list of villages in Papua and New Guinea