Papers of Sir Ernest Keith White, 1914-1980 [manuscript]
- Bib ID:
- White, Ernest Keith, Sir, 1892-1983
- Online Version:
- National Library of Australia digitised item. MS 6455 copy
- Related Online Resources:
- Finding aid at National Library of Australia
- Access Conditions:
- Available for research. Not for loan.
- 1.5 m. (6 boxes).
Interview and notes covering Sir Ernest's early years, World War I experiences; formation of the Australian-American Association; formation of the Liberal Party of Australia, and relations with Sir Robert Menzies; correspondence, newsclippings, notes on early years of Gosford Borough Council, and a 1945 report on the Liberal Party of Australia; thesis by David S. Kent entitled: A history of the Australian-American Association, (History IV honours thesis, University of Sydney, 1980); political material; specially the Liberal Democtratic Party, founding of the Liberal Party, Australian/American relations.
Sir Ernest Keith White was one of the Founders of the Liberal Party of Australia (Who's Who in Australia, 1980). He died on August 1983.
- Manuscript reference no. : MS 6455.
- MS 6455 copy Also available online https://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-243081169
- Related Material:
- [E. K. White map collection] Located at; National Library of Australia Map collection MAP E. K. White map collection 1-68
- Cited In:
- Guide to collections of manuscripts relating to Australia ; E388.
- Index/Finding Aid Note:
- Descriptive list (5 p.) available.
- Time Coverage:
- Political activists.
If you wish to copy or order copies, contact us. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- A Manuscript Collection may have a range of formats and dates.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.