Opera in the media age : essays on art, technology and popular culture / edited by Paul Fryer
- Bib ID:
- Jefferson, North Carolina : McFarland & Company, Inc., Publishers, 
- viii, 255 pages ; 23 cm
- Invalid ISBN:
"This collection of essays explores the relationship between opera and the development of media technology from the late 19th to the early 21st century. The contributing authors cover a variety of topics including audio, video and film recording, contemporary critical responses, popular and "high brow" culture, live and recorded performance, lighting and performance technology, media marketing and advertising"--
- Full contents:
- The business of opera, advertising and the return to popular culture / Paul Fryer
- Making culture popular : opera and the media industries / Sam O'Connell
- Opera criticism : state of the art and beyond / Daniel Meyer-Dinkgräfe
- Gods and heroes or monsters of the media? / Trevor Siemens
- Opera and the audio recording industry / Robert Cannon
- Opera singers as pop stars : opera within the popular music industry / Christopher Newell and George Newell
- Cross-cuts and arias : the language of film and its impact on opera / Kevin Stephens
- Opera on optical video disc, or the latest (and final?) avatar of the Gesamtkunstwerk / Pierre Bellemare
- Wunderkammer : light as a scenographic and dramaturgical tool in opera / Hansjörg Schmidt
- Opera, art and industrial production : lighting at the Royal Opera House, London / Nick Hunt
- After the Twilight of the gods : opera experiments, new media and the opera of the future / Michael Earley.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Other authors/contributors:
- Fryer, Paul, 1955-, editor
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Monsieur Croche et antres ecrits : Ed. complete de son ocuvre critique / Avec une introd. et des notes par Francois Lesure
- Sämtliche Werke [music] / Richard Wagner ; in Verbindung mit der Bayerischen Akademie der Schönen Künste, München, herausgegeben von Carl Dahlhaus
- Musik & [i.e. und, Gessilschaft
- The structural significance of duration and concepts of linear and cyclical movement in two chamber works of Claude Debussy [microform]
- Tutte le opere di Claudio Monteverdi [music] / a cura di G. Francesco Malipiero