Working it out : 23 women writers, artists, scientists, and scholars talk about their lives and work / edited by Sara Ruddick and Pamela Daniels ; with a foreword by Adrienne Rich
- Bib ID:
- 1st ed.
- New York : Pantheon Books, c1977
- xxxii, 349 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- 0394735579 (paperback)
- Full contents:
- Hamod, K. K. Finding new forms.
- Lyndon, A. A. Juxtapositions.
- Rorty, A. Dependency, individuality, and work.
- Daniels, P. Birth of the amateur.
- Stimpson, C. R. On work.
- Keller, E. F. The anomaly of a woman in physics.
- Walker, A. In search of our mother's gardens.
- Stevens, M. Work and my working class father.
- Green, J. Scenes.
- Ruddick, S. A work of one's own
- Michener, D. G. Catching the sun.
- Valian, V. Learning to work.
- Yu, C. Y. Notes from an extra in the American moving picture show.
- Lasoff, A. Writing in the real world.
- Young, M. Contradictions.
- Thornton, N. Plain truth.
- Weisstein, N. "How can a little girl like you teach a great big class of men?" the chairman said, and other adventures of a woman in science.
- Sears, C. What counts as work?
- Mengel, N. V. Coming of age the long way around.
- Schapiro, M. Notes from a conversation on art, feminism, and work.
- Gilbert, C. The sacred fire.
- Olsen, T. One out of twelve: women who are writers in our century.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Other authors/contributors:
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.
- Bonnet and shawl : an album / by Philip Guedalla
- The queens of society / by Grace and Philip Wharton ; illustrated by Charles Altamont Doyle and the brothers Dalziel
- The queens of society [electronic resource] / by Grace and Philip Wharton [pseud.] ; illustrated by Charles Altamont Doyle and the brothers Dalziel
- Journeys : autobiographical writings by women / edited by Mary Grimley Mason and Carol Hurd Green
- The mothers of great men and women, and some wives of great men / by Laura C. Holloway