- Bib ID:
- Uniform Title:
- The Shadow (Frew Publications : 1950 series)
- Sydney : Frew Publications, -
- 23 volumes : chiefly illustrations ; 18 x 26 cm
- John Ryan Comic Collection (Specific issues).
- McGee Comics Collection (Specific issues).
"The Shadow was created by British-born Australian cartoonist Jeff Wilkinson. The first series debuted in May 1950, and ran for 23 issues, with Jeff responsible for the first 12 issues. The comic was handed over to Australian cartoonist Peter Chapman, who wrote and drew the remainder of the initial series, and stayed with the comic when it was relaunched in 1952" -- Comics Down Under website.
- Cover title.
- Life Dates:
- No. 1-no. 23
- Comics (Graphic works)
- Other authors/contributors:
- Also Titled:
- Jimmy Gray alias the Shadow
Copyright varies by issue and article
Copyright varies with each issue and article. You may have full rights to copy, or may be able to copy only under some circumstances, for example a portion for research or study. Order a copy where circumstances allow through Copies Direct or Contact us for further information.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Serials have an open range of dates.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.