Taiwan's presidential politics : democratization and cross strait relations in the twenty-first century / edited by Muthiah Alagappa
- Bib ID:
- Armonk, N.Y. : M.E. Sharpe, 2001
- xiv, 312 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- 0765608332 (alkaline paper) (cased)
- 0765608340 (paperback)
- Taiwan in the modern world.
- Full contents:
- Introduction: presidential election, democratization, and cross-strait relations / Muthiah Alagappa
- 1. Anatomy of an electoral earthquake: how the KMT lost and the DPP won the 2000 presidential election / Larry Diamond
- 2. Democratic consolidation in the post-KMT era: the challenge of governance / Yun-han Chu
- 3. Taiwan's democratization: what lessons for China? / Bruce J. Dickson
- 4. Defeat of the KMT: implications for one-party quasi-democratic regimes in Southeast Asia / Chua Beng Huat
- 5. Does Chen's election make any difference?: Domestic and international constraints on Taipei, Washington, and Beijing / Yu-Shan Wu
- 6. Beijing and Taipei: between a rock and a hard place / Qingguo Jia
- 7. Cross-strait economic relations: can they ameliorate the political problem? / Tain-Jy Chen and C.Y. Cyrus Chu
- 8. America's Taiwan quandary: how much does Chen's election matter? / Alan M. Wachman
- 9. Japan's Taiwan policy: beyond the 1972 system? / Yoshihisa Amae.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Other authors/contributors:
- Alagappa, Muthiah
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.
- Taiwan's rising rationalism : generations, politics, and "Taiwanese nationalism" / Shelley Rigger
- Das wirtschaftliche Engagement Taiwans auf dem chinesischen Festland : unter besonderer Berucksichtigung der Provinz Fujian / Susanne Beyer
- Liang an hu she ban shi chu zheng ce xing ping gu / Su Likai zhu
- Evolving identity politics and cross-strait relations : bridging theories of international relations and nationalism / Yana Zuo
- Liang an guan xi ding wei yu guo ji kong jian : Taiwan di qu can yu guo ji huo dong wen ti yan jiu / Zhu Jie zhu