Papers of Sir Anthony Musgrave (as filmed by the AJCP) [microform] : [M412], 1862-1912
- Bib ID:
- Manuscript and Microform
- Musgrave, Anthony, Sir, 1828-1888
- Online Version:
- National Library of Australia digitised item
- Related Online Resources:
- Finding aid at National Library of Australia
- Access Conditions:
- Available for reference.
- Canberra : Australian Joint Copying Project, [19--]
- 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm.
1) Letters of commission and associated instructions 1862-83, appointing Musgrave to his various official positions. 2) Memorial 1883, signed by J.I. Wigham and all the "principal ladies" of Portland, Jamaica. 3) Correspondence, including letters from Sir Alfred Stephen to Dudley Field; 15 letters 1890-1901 from Sir Samuel Griffith to Lady Musgrave, with references to Federation and Australian political and public figures; correspondence 1888 between Colonel G.A. French and W.A. B. Musgrave, re a Captain Draper; correspondence 1870-1916 re journal articles on economic topics by Sir Anthony Musgrave. 4) Schedule of petitions, telegrams and letter, 1884, re Bernard Williams and Neil McNeil, (found guilty in Nov. 1884 of the shooting of a native of the Solomon Islands). 5) Diary 1888, kept by Lady Musgrave; book containing items related to the death of her husband in 1888. 6) Correspondence 1910-12 concerning memorials to Musgrave with photographs of the memorials.
Lt.-Gov. of South Australia 1873-77 and Governor of Queensland 1883-88. He also held similar positions in the Leeward Islands, Newfoundland, British Columbia and Jamaica. His second wife was Jeanie Lucinda nee Field.
- Filmed as part of the Australian Joint Copying Project by the National Library of Australia and the State Library of New South Wales.
- National Library of Australia holds microfilm master.
- Australian Joint Copying Project miscellaneous series M412.
- Also available online https://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-1126183854
- Microfilm copy of originals held by Duke University, Durham, North Carolina, 27706, U.S.A.
- Cited In:
- Australian Joint Copying Project handbook. Part 8 : Miscellaneous [M series], Entry 116, p. 57-58.
- Index/Finding Aid Note:
- Descriptive list appears at the beginning of the reel.
- Time Coverage:
- Other authors/contributors:
- Related Records:
This belongs to the Miscellaneous Series (Australian Joint Copying Project)..
This collection contains 521 records.
If you wish to copy or order copies, contact us. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Cannot determine publication date because this record has an open range of dates
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.