Todd McKenney interviewed by Bill Stephens [sound recording]
- Bib ID:
- McKenney, Todd, 1965-, interviewee
- Access Conditions:
- Written permission required for research, personal copies and public use during the lifetime of the interviewee.
- 2 sound discs, 1 digital audio tape (ca. 185 min.)
McKenney born in Perth, Western Australia recalls his family background and early dance career. He speaks about his on-stage career in cabaret, musical productions and television performances; and his role as a choregrapher, having a number of production credits to his name. He speaks about the preparation involved for a major musical production; being cast in his first professional musical Song and Dance, then going into chorus roles in Pirates of Penzance and Camelot; small roles in La cage aux folles and Cats, minor leads in 42nd Street and West Side Story. In Crazy for You, he recalls being asked to take over from the American lead, staying on for the duration of the show. McKenney speaks about being cast in the lead role of Peter Allen in the Australian musical The Boy from Oz.
Todd McKenney, actor and dancer. Todd McKenney's awards include a Mo Award for male musical performer (1998) & male musical performer of the year (2000)
- Recorded Dec. 12, 2000 at Sydney, N.S.W. The second part of the interview was recorded June 28. 2001 at the National Library of Australia, Canberra, A.C.T.
- Digital master available National Library of Australia ;
- Related Material:
- Related material : Portrait of Todd McKenney ; held by National Library of Australia Pictorial Collection at PIC NL38763 LOC NL38763.
- Index/Finding Aid Note:
- Timed summary (9 p.) and uncorrected transcript (typescript, 49 leaves)
- Other authors/contributors:
- Stephens, Bill, 1936-, interviewer
Contact us for information about copying. For access conditions return to the record display above.
- Reason for copyright status:
- Until 2071 [Created/Published Date + 70 Years]
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Sound Recording
- Published status:
- Creation date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library’s reading room.