Encyclopedia of aesthetics / Michael Kelly, editor in chief
- Bib ID:
- Second edition.
- Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 
- 6 volumes ; 29 cm
- 9780199747108 (set : hardback)
- 0199747105 (set : hardback)
- 9780199370306 (volume 1)
- 0199370303 (volume 1)
- 9780199370313 (volume 2)
- 0199370311 (volume 2)
- 9780199370320 (volume 3)
- 019937032X (volume 3)
- 9780199370337 (volume 4)
- 0199370338 (volume 4)
- 9780199370344 (volume 5)
- 0199370346 (volume 5)
- 9780199370351 (volume 6)
- 0199370354 (volume 6)
"Expanded from the 1998 first edition to six volumes and over 800 entries, the Encyclopedia of Aesthetics surveys the full breadth of critical thought on art, culture, and society-from classical philosophy to contemporary critical theory. The second edition includes increased coverage of international aesthetics, modern aesthetics, new media like computer art, and areas like neuroaesthetics that were not thoroughly covered in the first edition. Featuring 815 articles by distinguished scholars from many fields and countries, the Encyclopedia is a comprehensive survey of major concepts, thinkers, and debates about the meaning, uses, and value of all the arts-from painting and sculpture to literature, music, theater, dance, television, film, and popular culture"--
- Full contents:
- Volume 1. Abhinavagupta-Byzantine Asthetics
- Volume 2. Cage, John-Expression Theory of Art
- Volume 3. Fanon, Frantz-Italian Aesthetics
- Volume 4. Jakobson, Roman-Novel
- Volume 5. Obscenity-Simulacrum
- Volume 6. Situationist Aesthetics-Zhuangzi (Chuang-Tzu).
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Aesthetics -- Encyclopedias
- Other authors/contributors:
- Kelly, Michael, 1953-, editor
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
Request this item
Request this item to view in the Library's reading room using your library card.