Impact of communication and the media on ethnic conflict / Steven Gibson and Agnes Lucy Lando, editors
- Bib ID:
- Online Access:
- Hershey, PA : Information Science Reference, 2016
- 1 online resource (pages cm.) :
- Invalid ISBN:
- Full contents:
- Approaches to the study of Ethnic Conflict from the Perspective of Communication and Media Studies. Inspiring Hate: AQAP's Inspire Publication / Randall Rogan
- Role of Traditional and New Media in Ethnic Conflict in Nigeria's Middle Belt Region: A Primer on Peace Building and Community Development / Bala A. Musa
- Efficacy of Narrative/Discourse Analysis, and Autoethnographic Research Methods in Communication/Media and Ethnic Conflict Studies: A Reflection on Research About Rwandan Former Refugees and Genocide Survivors (FRGSs) / Seif Sekalala
- Shared Perspectives in Ethnic Conflict: Sharing Theoretical Knowledge across Multiple Disciplines / Steven Gibson, Darla Anderson
- Recursive Inter-Ethnic Violence and the Failure of Development Communication in Africa / Charles Chiedu Okigbo
- New Media Impacts: How media and communication technologies impact Ethnic Conflict. Flipping the script: Newspaper reporting of the Trayvon Martin shooting / Chad Painter, Erin Willis
- Elite Communication and Legitimization of Violence during Inter-group Conflicts / Sonia Jawaid Shaikh
- Using Media to Resolve Media Engendered Ethnic Conflicts in Multiracial Societies: The Case of Somalis of Kenyan Origin / Agnes Lucy Lando
- Islamaphobic Discourse and Interethnic Conflict:The Influence of News Media Coverage of the ISIS Beheadings on Identity Processes and Intergroup Attitudes / Bobbi J. Van Gilder, Zach B. Massey
- #BostonStrong: Exploratory Research of Twitter Impression Management / Benjamin Brojakowski
- Continuing Down the Streets of Paris: Memorialization, Representation, and Silence / Julianna Kirschner
- Postracial Justice and the Trope of the " Riot" / Jennifer Heusel
- Ethnic Conflict Interventions: Understanding efforts at reducing or preventing Ethnic Conflict. The Amplification of the Sunni-Shia Divide through Contemporary Communications Technology: Fear and Loathing in the Modern Middle East / George A. Stairs
- Art, Values, and Conflict Waged in Satirical Cartoons: The 10-Year Rhetorical Crisis / Z. Hall
- Traditional African Culture and Communication: The Missing Link in Cattle Rustling Interventions Among Pastoralist Communities in Northern Kenya / Agnes Lucy Lando, Samuel Kochomay
- Transforming Conflict in the Hands and Hearts of Communities in Kenya: Understanding the Relevance of Amani Mashinani Model / Eddah Mutua, Susan Kilonzo
- Communicating Peace through Sports: What Works, and What Doesn't Work in Peace Races / Samuel Kochomay.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Description based on print version record.
- Electronic reproduction. Ipswich, MA Available via World Wide Web.
- Other authors/contributors:
You may copy under some circumstances, for example you may copy a portion for research or study. Order a copy through Copies Direct to the extent allowed under fair dealing. Contact us for further information about copying.
Copyright status was determined using the following information:
- Material type:
- Literary Dramatic Musical
- Published status:
- Publication date:
Copyright status may not be correct if data in the record is incomplete or inaccurate. Other access conditions may also apply. For more information please see: Copyright in library collections.
- Ethnic minority media : an international perspective / edited by Stephen Harold Riggins
- Media and society : an introduction / Michael O'Shaughnessy [and] Jane Stadler
- Mass media and communication. Edited, with an introd. and special notes, by Charles S. Steinberg
- The Process and effects of mass communication / edited by Wilbur Schramm and Donald F. Roberts
- The Process and effects of mass communication / edited by Wilbur Schramm